TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - TONY's reply, 7/12/2008 - The car was run at the track
People Seeking Info

Subject TONY's reply, 7/12/2008 - The car was run at the track

Posted by Ash's Z on September 07, 2008 at 2:05 AM
  This message has been viewed 840 times.

In Reply To Please learn how to read a dynochart. The mix was 12.23 posted by Ash's Z on September 07, 2008 at 01:50 AM

Message Hello Ash,

Let me first start off by saying that I respect the work that you do and the reasons you do it. That is why I chose you to tune my car. I carefully listened to your directions prior to the tune and did everything I could to make sure that everything went smoothly the day of. I believe the tuning day went fairly well and was satisfied with the dyno results considering the heat. After tuning we then went for a ride on the street to test real life drivability and correct any remaining issues. You even set the low and high settings on the boost controller for me. Needless to say everything seemed to go OK.

The only thing I physically changed on my vehicle at your request, and I remember having a long, drawn out, sarcastic (on your part) conversation about it, was which spark plugs to use. You insisted on the NGK 6b 11b for my set up, even though I already had the NGK Iridium #8s in the motor. The #8s are the same plugs that Kyle at IPP and Greg at SZ recommended for my set up, but you insisted that I "throw then in the trash." Respecting your opinion highly and trusting you whole heartedly with baby, I followed your directions.

Well, words can not explain how I am feeling at this moment.

The car has sat in my garage since the tuning day and I went to ATCO raceway this past Thursday night for a little practice. Dropped in 5 gallons of C16 on arrival (cruised in on fumes and gas light was on prior), flipped the switch for the race tune and left the boost controller alone, as you already had it set low for pump and high for C16. I made 3 passes, and the third pass resulted in what you see in the attached picture. The car is now running like shit, I had to be towed home and I suspect there is internal damage in reference to cylinders 3 and 6. I put in all new plugs, checked the coil packs, the injectors and they all check out fine. I'm doing a compression and leak down test on Monday to confirm the damage with Tony at his garage.

I firmly feel that you are largely responsible for these results and will be seeking compensation based on what we find. You went on so passionately about how everything had to be thoroughly checked prior to the tune, because if something went wrong with the car as a result of your tuning, you would feel responsible and your reputation is on the line, etc... Well, your reputation is officially on the line and I expect that you will work with me on getting my car fixed as I have not peeped a word of this to anyone other than Tony, out of respect for you. Please get back to me ASAP in recognition of this email.

Regards,

Tony Zapisek
215-964-4018

[ ashspecz.com ]
[ agpowers@bellsouth.net ]

Enthusiasts soon understand each other. --W. Irving.
Are you an enthusiast?

If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.
Albert Einstein

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.